1. The Club shall be called The Honiton Camera Club and membership shall be open to all who are interested in photography.
2. Membership of The Club implies the undertaking to comply with and abide by the rules.
3. The affairs of The Club shall be managed by a committee comprising the Chairman, Vice-Chairman, Secretary, Treasurer, Competition Secretary, and 4 other members. Four of these shall form a quorum.
4. The Committee shall have the power to co-opt additional members to the Committee for a specific purpose.
5. The Committee shall have the power to deal with any business which may arise in connection with The Club.
6. A non-executive President (of the Honiton Camera Club) to be elected from the membership in recognition of his/her service to The Club
7. The chairman shall be elected at the AGM but shall not be eligible to serve more than 2 years consecutively.
8. The other Officers and Committee members shall be elected annually and shall be eligible for re-election annually.
9, Candidates for election to the Committee shall be proposed by one member and seconded by another, the proposition being put at the AGM.
10. The AGM shall be held in May when the Chairman and Treasurer shall present their annual reports.
11. The Committee shall meet at least four times a year and shall have the power to call an Extraordinary General Meeting by giving 14 days’ notice in writing and their reasons for doing so.
12. An EGM may be called at the request, in writing, of a minimum of 10 members, stating the object of the meeting and delivered to the Secretary at least 28 days before the date of the proposed meeting.
13. The Secretary shall keep minutes of all official meetings and conduct the correspondence of The Club.
14. The Treasurer shall collect all subscriptions and monies and make payments due on behalf of The Club
15. The close of the financial year shall be 30th April following which a balance sheet shall be prepared by the Treasurer and, after being audited by an ordinary member of The Club, shall be submitted for approval at the next AGM.
16. The annual subscription for the following year shall be set by the Committee, notified to the AGM and shall be paid not later than October each year.
17. The name of any member whose subscription is more than 6 months in arrears, or whose conduct the Committee may deem to be prejudicial to the interests of The Club, shall be removed from the membership register and the member concerned shall not be entitled to attend any further meetings of The Club.
18. A member may introduce visitors to The Club who, after a maximum of 2 attendances shall be asked to become members.
19. No alterations or additions to the rules shall be made except at an AGM or EGM.
a. All rule change proposals must be notified in writing to the Secretary at least 28 days before the meeting.
b. Proposed rule changes to be notified to the membership at least 14 days in advance of the meeting and any amendments submitted in writing to the Secretary at least 7 days in advance of the meeting.
20. In the event of The Club ceasing to function any remaining funds shall be donated to a charity agreed by the retiring members.
21.Competition rules are set by the Committee and may be amended by the Committee as necessary